(Two Day Tour)
Day 1 Guatemala – Yaxha – Flores
At 5:00 am we’ll will pick you up from your hotel and take you to Airport La Auroa, you will then board a flight to Flores, Peten, Once you land, we will make our way to Yaxha. Located forty miles from Flores and within the Maya Biosphere Reserve, the Peten Rainforest is a vast jungle that hides a great many ruins, Yahxá being only one of dozens of ruins. It was once a ceremonial center with a particular affinity towards the study of the heavenly bodies, and a strong ally of Tikal. Yaxhá is an impressive site that deserves a visit. It is located near a lake where we will see Topoxte, which is a smaller site on the lake. After which we will have a traditional Guatemalan lunch. We will then head back to Flores, Petén.
Day 2 Flores- Tikal- Guatemala – Airport
After an early breakfast we will visit Tikal National Park, where Guatemala´s most iconic pyramids lay. Tikal was once a dominant city state within this region, dictating the course of the neighboring city states in the Classic Period. We will get to visit the Q complex, Plaza Central, Acropolis North and Center, Lost world, Temple IV where you can admire the green of the jungle. After which we will have a traditional Guatemalan lunch. We will then head back to Flores, Petén.
- Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off
- Roundtrip Transfers from Guatemala City to Guatemala Int. Airport La Aurora
- Flight Guatemala / Flores / Guatemala by TAG (Transportes aéreos Guatemaltecos)
- Roundtrip Transfers from Mundo Maya Airport – Yaxha Park – Mundo Maya airport – Int. Airport La Aurora to Guatemala City
- Admissions to Yaxha and Tikal Archaeological Park
- Tour Guide
- Lunch – Traditional Guatemala Cuisine
- One Night in Peten Area
- Transfer and Air Tickets
- $ 3.00 USD per person – Tikal Airport Tax due at check-in
- Optional Gratuities
- This tour is not available on December 20 – 21 – 22, 2012
- This tour is on request until flights can be confirmed. Please contact Gray Line Guatemala to check availability before purchasing
- Please wear walking/hiking boots as we will be walking 3-4 hours, often in wet weather. Sorry, no wheelchair access.
- Please bring hat, sunglasses, sun block, camera, bug repellent, thin pants, rain gear, and long sleeve t-shirts. Personal medication, & passport (passport is required).
- Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
- Tours include bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- Please contact us if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
- You must contact Gray Line Guatemala by email at least 72 hours prior to departure to confirm the details of your tour (pick up time and place). Contact information will be printed on your voucher.
- REQUIRED: In order to issue the air tickets to Guatemala / Flores / Guatemala, all passengers must provide the following:
- 1. Full Legal Name
- 2. Passport Number
- 3. Nationality & Date of Birth
- 4. Pick up Place: Name of Hotel in Guatemala City
- On the day of your tour please present your printed voucher confirmation and air ticket confirmation.