(Five Day Tour)
Day 1 – Airport – Guatemala
Your arrival in the airport will be met by one of our assistants, who will have your transport at hand that will take you to your hotel in the Guatemala City.
Day 2 – Guatemala – Antigua Guatemala (Half day Tour)
Your first destination will take you to Guatemala´s former capital of Antigua. The city was once the primary city during the colonial era under Spanish rule. Much of the Spanish styled architecture found there (Ruin and restored building alike) dated back as far as the 16th century, giving the city an air of old and new mingling together, a blend of many time eras. Our tour then takes us to visit the Main Square, the local Cathedral, and some of the most important ruins such as Capuchinas and San Francisco el Grande. At the end of the tour, you will be transferred to a local hotel in Antigua.
Day 3 – Antigua – Chichicastenango Market – Panajachel (Thursdays or Sunday)
From Antigua, we will head for the bustling K’iche’ town of Chichicastenango, famous for it’s open-air native market and the church of Santo Tomas built 400 years ago. Here you can see how local people mingle Catholic ceremonies and prehispanic traditions. Afterwards, we will go to the town of Panajachel within the shores Lake Atitlan. A calm and leisurely afternoon is what waits in this peaceful and beautiful lake town. You will stay at one of Panajachel’s well known lodgings.
*Travel Note: The open market of Chichicastenango is only active during Thursdays and Sundays. Make sure to plan your day tours in accord to these select days if you wish to see the open air market.
Day 4 Atitlán – Santiago Atitlán – Guatemala
The shore of the lake is dotted by many towns (Almost all of them are named after the 12 disciples of Jesus), and a boat tour will give you the chance to explore one of them. The boat sets off at 8:30 AM, and it will take you to the town of Santiago. After exploring the town, you will be transferred back to Guatemala City where a hotel awaits for your last night in the country.
Day 5 – Guatemala Airport
Departure from Hotel to International Airport “La Aurora”
*Travel Note: Breakfasts are included in each location where lodgings are concerned.
- Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off
- Transfers (Shared)
- Land Transfer Airport INTL La Aurora –Guatemala City ¬- Airport INTL La Aurora
- Land Transfer Guatemala City – Antigua Guatemala
- Land Transfer Antigua Guatemala – Chichicastenango – Panajachel
- Land Transfer Panajachel (Atitlan) –Guatemala City.
- 2 nights accommodation in Guatemala City – standard room, breakfast and taxes
- 1 night accommodation in Antigua Guatemala – standard room, breakfast and taxes
- 1 night accommodation in Panajachel / Atitlan – standard room, breakfast and taxes.
- Visit Antigua City Tour (Walking): guided tour.(half day)
- Visit Chichicastenango Market: transfer & guided tour
- Visit Santiago in Atitlan Lake, boat ride & guided tour, (public boat)
- Admissions for the Boat Ride
- Airport taxes $ 3.00 USD Per Person
- Immigration Procedure.
- Border Payments
- Personal Expenses
- Additional Meals
- It is recommended that you bring walking shoes, hat, sunglasses, and a camera.
- Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
- Tours include bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- Please contact us if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
- This tour operates in regular/shared departures Tuesday or Friday. Other days please contact Gray Line Guatemala email@example.com
- You must contact Gray Line Guatemala by email at least 24 hours prior to departure to confirm the details of your tour (pick up time and place). Contact information will be printed on your voucher.
- On the day of your tour please present your printed voucher confirmation