We pick you up from your hotel at 5:00 A.M. and transfer you to Aurora Airport. From there, you will take the flight scheduled to land at Mundo Maya Airport in Santa Elena, Petén, and transfer you to Yaxha archaeological park. It is a Mesoamerican archeological site located in the northeast of the Petén Basin region within the Department of Petén. It is approximately 30 km southeast of Tikal, between the Yaxha and Sacnab Lake.
Yaxha is notable for the unique survival of its toponym from the classical period. The name of the city is of ancient origin, literally meaning blue-green (Yax) water (ha). A thriving ceremonial center in it´s heyday, it has over 500 structures, including 40 stelae, 13 Altars, 9 Temple Pyramids, and 2 Mesoamerican ball courts.
At the conclusion of the tour, you will be treated to a traditional Guatemalan lunch. In the afternoon, we’ll return to Mundo Maya Airport to take a flight to back to Aurora Airport, and transfer you back to your hotel in Guatemala City.
- Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off
- Roundtrip Transfers from Guatemala City to Guatemala Int. Airport La Aurora
- Flight Guatemala / Flores / Guatemala by TAG (Transportes aéreos Guatemaltecos)
- Roundtrip Transfers from Mundo Maya Airport – Yaxha Park – Mundo Maya airport – Int. Airport La Aurora to Guatemala City
- Admissions to Yaxha Archaeological Park
- Tour Guide
- Lunch – Traditional Guatemala Cuisine
- $ 3.00 USD per person – Tikal Airport Tax due at check-in
- Optional Gratuities
- This tour is not available on December 20 – 21 – 22, 2012
- This tour is on request until flights can be confirmed. Please contact Gray Line Guatemala to check availability before purchasing
- Please wear walking/hiking boots as we will be walking 3-4 hours, often in wet weather. Sorry, no wheelchair access.
- Please bring hat, sunglasses, sun block, camera, bug repellent, thin pants, and rain gear. Personal medication, & passport (passport is required).
- Minimum of 2 passengers (adults) is required for the tour to run. If the minimum size is not reached, the tour is subject to cancellation and all tickets are refunded or rescheduled.
- Tours include bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- Please contact us if you need a guide in any other language. French, German and Italian in private services, subject to additional costs and guide availability.
- You must contact Gray Line Guatemala by email at least 72 hours prior to departure to confirm the details of your tour (pick up time and place). Contact information will be printed on your voucher.
- REQUIRED: In order to issue the air tickets to Guatemala / Flores / Guatemala, all passengers must provide the following:
- 1. Full Legal Name
- 2. Passport Number
- 3. Nationality & Date of Birth
- 4. Pick up Place: Name of Hotel in Guatemala City
- On the day of your tour please present your printed voucher confirmation and air ticket confirmation.